Year 7 Classical Civilisation
On this page you will find information about the Year 7 Classical Civilisation course. Click (or tap) on the resources below to access them. If you have any questions or problems, please speak to Mr Routledge.
What Will I Learn?
Over the course of the year, you will learn about the gods and goddesses that made up the Olympians, as well as other deities that were also worshipped in Ancient Greece. You will also look at some of the major Greek myths and legends, and start to think about what we can learn about life in the Ancient World from the stories they told.
We use the textbook 'Lingo' for this course. It contains all of the myths that we study, but also looks at language and literacy (in English, Latin and Greek).
Overview of Greek and Roman Gods
Games and Quizzes
- Click HERE to play a challenging logic puzzle based around the Greek gods. You have to use the clues to place the names in the correct places on the grid.
- Click HERE to play a quiz based on identifying the Greek gods from their symbols.
- Click HERE to play 'Who Wants To Be A Mythionaire?', an increasingly tricky quiz on Greek mythology.
PowerPoints and Resources for Lessons
- APOLLO PICTURE AND SYMBOLS.doc
- Family Tree of the Gods.ppt
- Greek Gods Table Year 7.doc
- Quick Quiz 1 Greek gods pictures.doc
- The Olympian Gods - Using Evidence.pptx