Year 8 Latin
On this page you will find information about the Year 8 Latin course: click (or tap) on the resources below to access them. If you have any problems or questions, please speak to Mr Routledge.
What Will I Learn?
During the year, you will meet Caecilius and his family in the ancient Roman town of Pompeii. Using the Cambridge Latin Course and other resources written by your teachers, you will cover both Latin language and Roman civilisation:
- The nominative and accusative cases
- Singular and plural nouns
- The three main declensions of noun
- The present, imperfect and perfect tenses
- Basic Latin vocabulary
- The town of Pompeii
- The Roman domus (house)
- Roman cena (dinner)
- The forum
- The theatre
- Gladiators and the amphitheatre
Accessing Electronic Copies of the Textbook
You can find electronic resources for all of the stages of the textbook by clicking HERE.
End of Year Examination
- 1st Year Latin Revision Guide - Updated.docx
Extension Work - If You Fancy A Challenge!
The booklet below contains Latin into English exercise to have a go at: it is the best way to get familiar with the language quickly. If you want to try it and need help, speak to your teacher!
- Latin as an Honour 1.pdf
Vocabulary To Learn
- Stages 1-8 Vocab List.xls
Stages 1-8 Vocabulary
- 1st 2nd 3rd Declension Endings Test.doc
- Basic Composition (Nom & Acc, Sing & Pl).docx
- English to Latin Sentences Book 1 CLC.doc
- Identifying Nouns and Verbs Worksheet (Y7).doc
- In Arena - Comprehension.doc
- Singular and Plurals Worksheet (Advanced Ability) (Y7).doc
- Stage 1 English into Latin.doc
- Stages 1-3 Wordsearch.doc
- Tenses Test.docx
- Venatio Stage 8 Comprehension.doc
- Vocabulary Test Stages 1-5 CLC.doc
- Year 8 Quick Latin Assessment.doc
Vocabulary Flash Cards and Games
Click on "View this study set" for access to flash cards and learning games.