EITHER . . .
Watch (and enjoy!) one of the Shakespeare plays on Digital Theatre Plus: ( the username and login code are here).
Review it! Record what creative decisions you think the director made and comment on how successful you thought they were.
OR . . .
Make a presentation about:
Your favourite actor and what makes him / her such a good performer.
Your presentation should deal with:
- What your actor is most known for
- The range of roles they have played
- When they wanted to become a performer
- Where they trained
- What makes him / her a good performer, with some examples.
- If you could gather some press interviews with your performer which tell you why he / she is a good performer, then so much the better.
Also, why not correspond with your chosen performer: you might get no reply, but then again, you might, and how wonderful that would be!
Find out about ‘Units and Objectives’: it’s a term used by the great Russian theatre theorist and director, Konstantin Stanislavski.
Can you explain how the idea works and then give a practical demonstration: find a piece from a play and perform it in two different ways, with different objectives each time so that we can see the difference?