Summer Projects 2017
Below you will find a list of ideas for the physics summer project 2017
- The James Webb Space Telescope (JWST) - the background, how the project is developing, implications for future research etc.
- Pop goes the Weasel - how the running of CERN was affected by a curious weasel.
- The Chinese Telescope - an enormous telescope is under construction in Guizhou Province, China; tell us all about it...
- The Indian Space Agency - what are they working on and will they be a serious competitor for NASA and ESA in the future?
- Gravitational waves - predicted by Einstein one hundred years ago, discovered last year; how, why, what next? (this is quite a difficult one!)
Alternatively, if there is any physics related story or issue of particular interest to you, we would love to hear about it.
Projects can take any form you like.
You might want to make a video, or a powerpoint, or produce a poster, write a report or make a scrapbook or even a model.
Whichever you choose.
The best projects may be awarded a Headmaster's Commendation.
What are you waiting for? Enjoy!
More Project Ideas
Observe the Perseid meteor shower and write up your observatons
Asteroid Impact! Are we at risk?
How to make the perfect paper aeroplane
Make a Cartesian diver
Magnetise a needle to make your own compass
Milk carton periscope
Make a rubber band car
Build and film a Rube Goldberg Machine